LESSON 03: Signs of Teaching Calling
This week I want to take a very good look at what a teacher is and what a teacher is not. These are just a few of the points that we teach in the Teaching Foundation course at our Fivefold Ministry School, so if you can identify with some of the points here, you might want to think about signing up and moving on with your teacher training.
What a Teacher is NOT:
- Someone who has studied the Word for years.
- Someone who uses a bible concordance well.
- A person who backs up every point he preaches with a scripture.
- Someone who is well learned and studied at bible college.
- A preacher who has a high use of English and is intellectual.
- A person who is so deep in the things that they share, that no one but himself and the most intelligent can understand him!
- Someone with the ability to speak for 3 hours non stop.
- A person that received their list of sermons from a book. Someone who knows how to quote others well.
- A person who is still preaching the same message after 10 years.
What a Teacher IS:
- Someone who can share a spiritual principle using any real life illustration.
- A person who has lived what they preach. Someone who has the ability to share the word in a way you never heard or understood it before.
- Someone who can pick up the bible and no matter what passage they read, they see a new revelation and understanding in it.
- A minister who always explains a principle or counsels a person by using pictures or stories that the other person can relate to.
- Someone who can explain complex spiritual matters in a way that even a small child can understand it.
- Has a good sense of humor and uses humor in their presentation.
- Someone that is anointed, that when you leave the meeting you begin to live what they preached.
- Someone who is not necessarily naturally intelligent, but has been given divine wisdom by the Holy Spirit.
- Someone who has had to change what they believed many times as the Holy Spirit trained them.
At the end of the day, being a good teacher is not how well you can speak or how well studied you are. It is about being empowered by the Holy Spirit and anointed. So no matter where you are at in your spiritual walk, if you desire to teach the Word of God, then give that desire up to the Lord now. He wants to grant you the desires of your heart. Do not look to your natural abilities or at your weaknesses. Look only to Jesus and He will surely meet you at your desire!