Lesson 04: The Odd One Out
Lecturer: Apostle Colette Toach
Based on Chapter 02 of Practical Prophetic Ministry by Apostle Colette Toach
I have some news concerning your prophetic calling today that might not be good news at first. The news is: you are set apart. No matter how much you try to fit in with others you will always be the odd one out! take a look at these points below and tick of mentally the ones that apply to you:
1. You were the 'black sheep' in your family
2. You have had conflict with leadership in the church.
3. You have received revelations that others just never saw.
4. You are always saying the wrong thing and ending up being rejected.
5. People would call you 'quirky' or perhaps a little 'different.'
6. You cannot settle and just be normal.
7. You are not consistent. One minute you want to conquer the world and the next you are depressed.
8. You have had tough experiences in life.
9. You have been the outcast for a good part of your life.
10. Others always got the positions that you deserved in the church.
If you can identify with two or more of these points, then you are pretty normal for a prophet. The journey that you have been called to walk is not an easy one. The Lord will reveal things to you that others do not see. You will have an understanding that others do not. Sometimes your journey will seem so lonely and you will wonder, "Am I doing something wrong?"
Well let me encourage you today. You are not doing something wrong!
Have you read the book The Journey of Tamar? There is a chapter in that book when Tamar is thinking back on her life and wondering why she cannot settle down. She wonders why she could never be normal.
Without spoiling the story line, I will just say that in the middle of that she has and encounter with the "Mighty Eagle". It is the same with you. It is right in the middle of your struggle and your inability to be "normal" that you will come to experience the Holy Spirit.
You are the odd one out because the Lord Jesus has set you apart. He wants you all to Himself. By being the odd one, He draws you to Himself and here you experience the secret place as never before. From here you take His presence out to the people.
So today, instead of fighting who and what you are, let it be a guide for you. Just like Tamar discovered the secret place on her journey, so will you also find yourself wrapped up in the arms of the Prince of Peace. Be encouraged today and realize, you are not just odd... you are just set apart!