Apostolic Movement International - Mentorship Secrets Course
Lesson 07: Laying Out the Ground Rules
Lecturer: Deborah-Anne Toach
Based on Chapter 06 of theMentorship 101 book by Apostle Colette Toach
There is something about having rules that is both comforting and irritating at the same time. If you do not understand the rules of a house you are visiting, for example, or if they are not clear, then you will feel uncomfortable, confused, and irritated because you will keep getting corrected for something you didn't even know is wrong.
At the same time, if you know the ground rules and the layout of the house, you will feel more at home because you know you are doing what you are supposed to, you are not upsetting anyone, and you can relax and enjoy your time together.
In the same way, it is also so important to have ground rules in a mentorship relationship, so you know where you and your disciple (or vice versa) stand, and what is acceptable and what is not.
Multiple Choice Questions:
1. What key point does Colette share about being a disciple in chapter 06 of the Mentorship 101 book?
a. "Being a good disciple is dependant on how good of a mentor they have."
b. "Someone becomes a good disciple after much practice and training."
c. "Being a disciple come naturally."
d. "You do not just 'hop" into a mentorship relationship."
e. "No one is born knowing how to be a disciple."
2. What should you never show?
a. Your fear.
b. Your guilt.
c. Your love.
d. Your uncertainty.
e. All of the above.
3. True or False: It is important - as a mentor - to do what you expect your disciple to do as this will affect your relationship and how they follow you.
4. What should you never do according to step 03 of what not to do in chapter 06 of the Mentorship 101 book?
a. Train or minister under pressure.
b. Engage with no conviction to follow through.
c. Get personal.
d. Feel pressured to give an answer.
e. None of the above.
5. True or False: You should prepare yourself because their relationships are going to affect your mentorship relationship.
Mentorship Secrets Course is Based on The Mentorship Secrets Kit